Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Zuppa Toscana

This is for my sweet friend, Alissa. I'm sorry it took so long to post it for you!!! This isn't exactly the same because I don't use bacon and I try to make it a little lower calorie than the original. However, in my opinion, it tastes just as great!!!



Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Copycat)

1 tablespoon EVOO
1 pound ground turkey
3 tablespoons italian seasoning
1 large onion chopped
8 cups water
2 cans chicken broth
2 teaspoons diced garlic
1 cup cream
1-2 pounds washed and sliced potatoes (I use Russet and leave the skin on)
1/4 of a bunch of kale


- in a large soup pot brown onion and ground turkey in EVOO. season ground turkey with garlic and 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (this makes it more like italian sausage).
- add water, chicken broth, and sliced potatoes and bring to a boil. cook about half an hour or until potatoes are soft.
- add cream and kale and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- serve with parmesan cheese and breadsticks

I don't have the calories for this but I do know that it is lower in calories and fat due to using ground turkey instead of pork sausage and omitting the bacon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ashley! =) Now, if only I can find the time to make it!

    ReplyDelete