Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Low Cal Chicken and Tortellini Alfredo

I didn't get a picture of this one. I didn't actually plan on adding it to the blog, but after we ate Kevin insisted that it was so good and I had to blog about it. Who doesn't LOVE alfredo sauce?!? This is a great LOW CALORIE alfredo sauce!!! So you don't feel guilty about enjoying it!

This recipe comes from some ideas I got from Hungry Girl (http://www.hungry-girl.com/). I was kind of in a hurry so I didn't measure everything!
for those who haven't heard of it before...

Low Cal Chicken and Tortellini Alfredo (1850 calories total or 4 servings at 462.5 calories per serving)

Alfredo Sauce (370 calories total or 4 servings at 92.5 calories each)
10 tablespoons powder creamer (80 calories)
4 wedges garlic and herb laughing cow cheese (140 calories)
1 tablespoon olive oil (120 calories)
1 tablepsoon flour (30 calories)
garlic powder*
onion powder*
italian seasoning*
salt and pepper*

*sorry I didn't measure these... I always taste as I cook, and usually don't measure it out*

4 servings tortellini (760 calories)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (720 calories)

- prepare tortellini as directed on packaging
- season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and italian seasoning
- in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil
- brown chicken breasts until done
- remove chicken from skillet and set aside
- add flour to skillet and brown slightly
- in a bowl or cup disolve powder creamer in 2 cups hot water and add to skillet
- add laughing cow cheese and stir to melt
- season to taste (onion powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper)
- let simmer until well blended then add drained tortellini and stir
- top each serving of tortellini and sauce with sliced chicken breast

I'm sure I will make this again sometimes, so when I do, I'll add a photo!

2 comments:

  1. You got me on this one...I have never heard of laughing cow cheese. Does it come from the happy cows in Calif.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! yes! it does!! hahahaha, i dont' know... it's a 35 calorie cheese you can find in the deli of the grocery store. it's a nice low cal snack.

    ReplyDelete